Dr. Kamol Pansritum MD is a Thai plastic surgeon and one of the world’s leading surgeons in the field of transgender surgeries and sex/gender reassignment (SRS).
Dr. Kamol has a huge experience having performed over 5,000 sex reassignment surgeries and over 10,000 related cosmetic procedures on transmen and transwomen since 1997. He is the founder and chief surgeon at Kamol Cosmetic Hospital, a JCI Accredited 5,200 square meters clinic located in Bangkok, Thailand. The hospital focuses on cosmetic procedures and transgender related surgeries. Every year, Dr. Kamol performs about 200 Male-to-Female (MtF) sex reassignment surgeries.
Education and Training
- Doctor of Medicine, Khonkaen University, Khonkaen, Thailand, 1986
- Diplomate of the Thai Board of General Surgery, 1992
- Diplomate of the Thai Board of Plastic Surgery, 1997
- General Practitioner, Community Hospital, Udonthani, Thailand, 1986-1988
- Residency Program of General Surgery, Chulalongkorn Hospital, Bangkok, Thailand, 1989-1992
- General Surgeon, Internavanakorn Hospital, Bangkok, Thailand, 1992-1994
- Resident Program of Plastic Surgery, Chulalongkorn Hospital, Bangkok, Thailand, 1995-1997
- Plastic Surgeon, Ananthamahidol Hospital, Lopburi, Thailand, 1997-2003
- Chief Plastic Surgeon and Founder, Kamol Cosmetic Hospital, Bangkok, Thailand, 1997-present
Area of Specialization
Professional Memberships and Affiliations
- Member of the Thai Medical Council
- Member of the Society of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgeons of Thailand
- Member of the Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgeons of Thailand
- Member of the International Society of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery
- Member of the Royal College of Surgeons of Thailand
- Board of Directors of Society of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgeons of Thailand, 2001 – 2003
- Member of the World Professional Association for Transgender Health (WPATH)
Publications – Presentations – Conferences
- Paper presentation: Neovaginal Cavity Dissection in SRS.
First Global Aesthetics Conference, Miami Beach, FL, USA, 2014
- Facial Feminization Surgery of Forehead: Combined augmentation and Bone Reduction Technique.
EPATH 2017 (European Professional Association for Transgender Health) in Belgrade, Serbia, 2017