Dr. Sanguan Kunaporn MD is a Thai plastic surgeon practicing in Phuket, Thailand. He is renown worldwide for his expertise in male to female (MtF) sex reassignment surgery and for his skills in aesthetic breast surgery.
Education and Training
- Doctor of Medicine, Chulalongkorn University, Bangkok, Thailand, 1985
- Diploma of the Thai Board of Plastic Surgery, 1991
- Fellowship at Tampa Craniofacial Center, Tampa, Florida, USA, 1991
- General practitioner, Koh Samui Community Hospital, Koh Samui, Thailand, 1985-1988
- Full Time Plastic Surgeon, Vachira General Hospital, Phuket, Thailand, 1991-1999
- Plastic Surgeon, Phuket Plastic Surgery, 1992-present
- Consultant Plastic Surgeon, Phuket International Hospital, 1992-Present
- Founder and Plastic Surgeon, Phuket International Aesthetic Center, 2006-Present
Area of Specialization
Professional Memberships and Affiliations
- Member of the Thai Medical Council
- Member of the Royal College of Surgeons of Thailand
- Member of the Society of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgeons of Thailand
- Member of the Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgeons of Thailand
- Member of the International Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery ( ISAPS )
- Thailand National Secretary of International Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ISAPS), 2010-2014
- Member of the ISAPS Educational council committee, 2014-2016
- Organizing Committee, 13th ASEAN Congress of Plastic Surgery, Chiang Mai, Thailand, 2006
- Organizing Committee, 14th OSAPS Congress of Plastic Surgery, Pattaya, Thailand, 2014
- Board Member of The Society of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgeons of Thailand, 2005-2016
- Vice President of the International Affair of The Society of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgeons of Thailand, 2016-2018
- Board Member of the Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgeon of Thailand, 2007-2016
- Free tissue transfers; A way to do it.
Chula Surgical Proceeding, ISSN 0857-314X, page 93-96
- Alar nasi reconstruction by free vascularized chrondrocutaneous composite ear flap.
2nd Triangular TST meeting in Plastic And Reconstructive Surgery, 1994
- Free vascularized osteocutaneous fibula flap; unusual technique in anastomosis with vein graft.
2nd Triangular TST meeting in Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, 1994
- Transsexual, Law and Medicine in Thailand.
Journal of Asian Sexology, Volume 2, June 2001