Education and Training
- Bachelor of Science in Social Work, Thammasat University, Bangkok, Thailand, 2002
- Master of Science in Human Sexuality, Chulalongkorn University, Bangkok, Thailand, 2004
- PhD in Counselor Education and Supervision, University of Northern Colorado, Greeley, Colorado, USA, 2008
- Sexuality Counseling, Institute of Health Research, Chulalongkorn University, Bangkok
- Integration of Health and Social Development: Thailand’s Experience, ASEAN Institute for Health Development, Mahidol University, Bangkok
- Coordinator, Counselor Education and Supervision Doctoral Program, The University of Akron, Akron, OH, USA, 2011-Present
- Assistant Professor, School of Counseling, The University of Akron, Akron, OH, USA, August 2010-2014
- Associate Professor, School of Counseling, The University of Akron, Akron, OH, USA, August 2014-present
- Assistant Professor, Department of Counseling and Educational Psychology, Texas A&M University-Corpus Christi, Corpus Christi, TX, USA, 2008-2010
Area of Specialization
- Transgender and gender non-conforming individuals
- Career Development and Counseling
- Play Therapy
- Gender Dysphoria
Professional Memberships and Affiliations
- Licensed Professional Clinical Counselor with Supervisor Endorsement, Ohio
- Licensed Professional Counselor, Colorado
- National Certified Counselor, National Board Certified Counselors
- Registered Play Therapist with Supervisor Status, Association for Play Therapy
- Executive Editor, Journal of Counselor Practice, 2014-present
- Editorial Board Reviewer, Journal of Employment Counseling, 2008-present
- Editorial Board Reviewer, Counselor Education and Supervision, 2011-present
- Ad Hoc Editorial Board Reviewer, Counselor Education and Supervision, 2009-2011
- Editorial Board Reviewer, Career Development Quarterly, 2014-present
- Ad Hoc Editorial Board Reviewer, Career Development Quarterly, 2008-2014
- Editorial Board Reviewer, Awareness Journal, Colorado Counseling Association, 2006-2008
Dr. Sangganjanavanich published 20+ peer reviewed articles and 5+ non-peer-reviewed articles on her area of specialization.
In addition, she wrote 2 books
- Sangganjanavanich, V. F., & Reynolds, C. A. (Eds.) (2014). Introduction to professional counseling. Thousand Oaks, CA: Sage.
- Sangganjanavanich, V. F. (2005). Real life after sex reassignment surgery: Male-to-female transsexuals. Bangkok: Sangsan Publishing House.
And wrote 25+ book chapters / encyclopedia entries
Conferences and Workshops
Dr. Sangganjanavanich presented her work at 43+ National conferences, 9+ Regional conferences, 14+ State conferences around the USA and Canada.
She was also an invited guest and speaker at US Universities 13+ times.