Parkway East Hospital is a private general acute care hospital serving the eastern coast of Singapore.
Opening its doors in 1942, the hospital underwent subsequent expansions, renovations and modernization of the facilities changing its name several times until in 2010 it was acquired by Parkway Hospitals and Parkway Pantai Limited, one of the largest and leading healthcare services provider in Asia, and renamed to its current name.
Parkway East Hospital is a 113-bed facility with a comprehensive range of clinical specialties and subspecialties including Obstetrics & Gynaecology, General Surgery, Orthopaedic Surgery, Ear, Nose & Throat (ENT) and Ophthalmology. It currently serves both the local population and international medical tourists coming from all over the world to receive medical care at its premises.
Rooms range from 4-bedded and 2-bedded rooms, to single rooms, deluxe rooms and suites for a wide range of options to suit everyones needs.
The hospital, specialist doctors and nurses are committed towards excellence and high quality care. Parkway East Hospital implemented Electronic Medical Records (EMR) systems, Closed Loop Medication Management (CLMM) and Knowledge-Based Medication Administration (KBMA), and Electronic Meal Ordering System (eMOS) which are IT innovations that eliminate the possibility of several medical errors: from giving the wrong medication to giving the right medication to the wrong patient, to automatically checking for allergies and drug interactions. They also increase accuracy and efficiency while reducing paper waste.
Specialties and Medical Services at Parkway East Hospital
- 24h walk-in clinic and 24/365 Accidents and Emergency Department, supported by Parkway Ambulance Service providing both emergency and non-emergency patient transportation services.
- Operating unit with 5 operating rooms (OR)
- Intensive Care Unit (ICU) and Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU)
- 7 delivery suites
- Day Surgery Center
- Radiology, Imaging and Diagnostic Services
- Clinical Laboratory Services
- Audiological Services
- Rehabilitation Therapy Services
- Executive Health Screenings
- Pharmacy services
- Anaesthesiology and Pain Management
- Diet and Nutrition
- General surgery
- Hand surgery
- Internal medicine
- Obstetrics and gynaecology
- Orthopaedic surgery
- Otorhinolaryngology (ENT)
- Paediatric medicine
- Plastic and reconstructive surgery
- Renal medicine
- Respiratory Medicine